...

Monday, May 8, 2017

#365 Days of Samples: Week 11

I'm smack dab in the middle of my spring staycation, which means I've been busy with various projects around my house and yard. It feels good to be making progress on things that I just do not have the time or energy to tackle when I'm working. However, it does mean I'm behind on posting Week 11 of my #365 Days of Samples series, so let's get to it! Let's start with the 7 samples that I finished up last week.
The Crest 3D White Brilliance Daily Cleansing Toothpaste and Whitening Gel System ($14.99) is a two-step system that comes with a deep cleansing toothpaste and a whitening finisher. Step 1 cleans while Step 2 polishes and whitens, and the claim is that this will keep your smile up to 99% as white as a professional polish with regular use. I liked it and am considering purchasing, as I'm not great about using whitening strips or other forms of teeth whitening systems. 
I'm a fan of the Fresh Sugar Lip Serum Advanced Therapy ($36), and recently finished a deluxe sized sample (full review here). I'm not sure if I will purchase again or not. Maybe during the next Sephora F&F sale, which is not until November.
I made it halfway through the Nirvana White by Elizabeth & James perfume sample before calling it quits. I didn't hate it, but I didn't like it enough to want to keep wearing it either. Notes listed are Peony, Muguet, and Tender Musk, and I found the staying power to be rather poor - perhaps 3-4 hours at best.

The L'Occitane Divine Eyes ($80) is described a silky gel-cream and contains immortelle essential oil to target puffiness, dark circles, and crow's feet. The consistency was on the thin side and a little went a long way. It felt lightweight and lightly hydrating. I used it during the day and it played well with my other skincare and makeup products. It did not wow me enough to justify it's high price, so I will not be purchasing.
I must have 4 or 5 of the bareEscentuals Stroke of Light ($23) samples that I've received over the years, and this is the first one that I've finished. It worked well as a subtle under eye brightener, but I've got others that I like better, so I would not purchase. I did not find it bright enough to work as a highlighter on other areas of my face, as it tends to blend into my skin tone, as you can see in the swatch below. Once it's blended it basically disappears.
bareEscentuals Stroke of Light
The Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer worked well to smooth my skin and I did not have any issues with it interfering with my foundation (pilling or balling up), but I honestly can't tell if it extends the wear of my makeup. I'm just lukewarm about face primers at best, but this one was okay. No plans to purchase, and I've got samples galore of it anyways :-)
The Transformer Instant Renewal Mask by Zelens ($125) is supposed to work instantly to renew and energize skin, leaving it radiant and visibly younger in just 15 minutes. That's some mighty strong claims, and it's got a mighty high price to go with them. It has a lotion/cream consistency and pretty much soaked into my skin, so I did not rinse or tissue it off after 15 minutes, which is what the instructions said to do. Key ingredients include hyaluronic acid, seaweed complex, and a fatty-acid rich pearl extract. I can't say I noticed anything remarkable after one use, and the price puts it out of my range anyhow. Nice to try though!
Now, on to the 7 samples that I randomly selected for week 11 of the #365 Day of Samples. I'll list them first, followed by the samples that I am still working on.
  1. Sephora Green Tea Sleeping Mask (I guess this is actually a full-sized item)
  2. Urban Decay Anti-Aging Eyeshadow Primer Potion (deluxe sample)
  3. Kate Somerville Mega-C Dual Radiance Serum (foil)
  4. DHC Scalp Massage Pack (deluxe sample)
  5. Skin Inc. Pure Deepsea Hydrating Mask (foil)
  6. butterLondon MatteR Lipstick (card sample)
  7. Farmhouse Fresh Crow Catcher Eye Transforming Serum (foil)
  8. Dr. D. Schwab Flawless Skin Fluid (deluxe sample)
  9. Clinique Pep-Start Hydroblur Moisturizer (foil)
  10. DHC Light & Smooth Conditioner (foil)
  11. Shea Moisture Fruit Fusion Coconut Water Weightless Shampoo & Creme Rinse (foils)
  12. Ouidad Climate Control Heat & Humidity Gel (foil)
  13. Marcelle BB Cream in Golden Glow (deluxe sample)
  14. Sunshine Oil by Milk Makeup (deluxe sample)
  15. Obliphica Seaberry Hair Serum (deluxe sample)

No comments:

Post a Comment