...

Sunday, March 12, 2017

#365 Days of Samples: Week 3

It's week 3 of my #365 Days of Samples series (originated by Elle S on YouTube), and so far I'm really enjoying this series of randomly selecting 7 samples each week. There were some solid likes and one love from this batch, but let's look back at the samples I chose last week as a reminder of what I was working with.
I finished 3 of the 7 from week 2, which means 4 are carrying over. Here are the one's I used up.
Let's start with my least favorite and one I know I would not purchase - the DHC After Bath Hair Treatment oil from week one. This is a silicone based (cyclopentasiloxane, dimethicone, squalane, ethylhexyl palmitate, cyclohexasiloxane, olea europaea (olive) fruit oil, butyrospermum parkii (shea butter), fragrance/parfum, tocopherol, citronellol, geraniol, linalool) leave-in hair treatment, lightly scented with a rose and geranium floral fragrance. It works well enough but I prefer the After Bath Hair Treatment in the emulsion formula instead.
The DHC Eye Bright depuffing eye gel is an old favorite of mine, and I've purchased and finished a full-sized one in the past. I like gel moisturizers, and this one contains eye-depuffing caffeine in the ingredient list, along with cucumber juice, glycerin, isodonis japonicus leaf/stalk extract, sodium hyaluronte, and placental protein. I like it for daytime use and would considering purchasing again, once I deplete some of my other products (it's on sale at DHC for $18 til 4/30 ).
The Philosophy Purity Made Simple cleanser surprised me in a positive way. I was expecting a foaming cleanser, but it's more of a gel/cream that did a surprisingly good job of cleaning my skin. Based on online descriptions of the product, this sounds like it could substitute for a cleansing oil, but I'm a creature of habit and stuck it in the 2nd cleanser slot. My skin was clean, soft, and I enjoyed this. I'd consider purchasing when I need a new facial cleanser.

Now for the item I surprisingly feel in deep like with and am considering purchasing - Fumerie Turque by Serge Lutens. This was something I picked up from Surrender to Chance, an online company that decants fragrances for purchase. It was a part of a Serge Lutens 3 perfume sample bundle, and I had forgotten about it. This oriental fragrance contains notes of honey, juniper berries, tonka bean, chamomile, patchouli, vanilla, turkish rose, red current, tobacco, styrax, and suede.  The marketing lingo features the phrase "smoking can kill you", which I like :-) I got 3 uses from the sample, and it took all 3 wears to hook me. On the third day I used a bit more trying to empty the vial, and apparently it was the right amount because the scent lingered all day and the dry down phase was wonderful. A full bottle would set me back a whooping $300, so I will purchase a larger sample from Surrender to Chance so I can revisit this again.
Here are the samples that I still working on. I forgot about the CoxRX Blackhead Power Liquid after using it once, and I haven't opened the DHC Reservatrol Lotion (toner) yet. The Guelain Lingerie de Peau foundation has maybe two uses left, as does the Too Faced Primed & Poreless.
Now, here are the 7 samples I randomly selected for week 3 of #365 Days of Samples. I'm finding it interesting that I tend to select several items each week from a similar category, and this week it's exfoliators and face oils.
  1. Future Defense Age Creme by Amore Pacific
  2. Veil Mineral Primer by Hourglass
  3. Sunshine Oil by Milk Makeup
  4. Artisan Black by John Varvatos (yes, it's a fragrance for men, but I'll give it a shot)
  5. Alpha Beta Ulta Gentle Daily Peel by Dr. Dennis Gross
  6. ExfoliKate by Kate Somerville
  7. Abeille Royale Face Treatment Oil by Guerlain
Some interesting choices here!

No comments:

Post a Comment