...

Thursday, December 15, 2016

Countdown to Gorgeous Days 12, 13, and 14: Chime, Key Chain, and Rose Passion

Disclaimer: I purchased these.
Fa la la la la, la la la la. I do tend to sing Christmas songs to myself and the dogs when I'm cleaning house. They seem to appreciate tolerate it. Day 12 of the Countdown to Gorgeous advent calendar by bareMinerals brought me the silvery taupe loose eyeshadow in Chime.
Chime is very pretty, but I have to be careful with cooler leaning tones like this, as they can tend to wash me out. I think it makes a lovely accent color when combined with warmer tones, at least based on the 3 looks I've done with it so far.
It goes back to that whole "Color Me Beautiful" concept of colors that flatter versus those that don't. I'm a Spring, and while Pewter is supposedly a color I can wear, I needed more warmth to balance out Chime. I liked the Day 3 eye of the day (EOTD) best, as I used warmer shades on the majority of my lid with Chime along the upper and lower lash lines.
Day 1 EOTD
Day 2 EOTD
Day 3 EOTD
Behind day 13 of the advent calendar was a key chain with the saying "be original, be natural, be good" on one side and "bare minerals" on the other. It has a nice heft to it and does not feel chintzy, although I don't really have a use for it.
I tend to use a carabiner clip for my keys so that I can clip them onto the straps of my purse, as I hate digging in my purse for them. Maybe I'll add it to the VW key.
Day 14 of Countdown to Gorgeous brings the third Pop of Passion lip oil balm, this time in a color right up my alley - Rose Passion. I almost bought this one before, so am glad to see it in the advent calendar.
Rose Passion is a lovely watermelon red and it leaves a bit of stain behind after it wears off, which is nice.
I find the lip oil balms moderately hydrating and very comfortable to wear, so am excited to add them to my collection!

No comments:

Post a Comment