...

Sunday, December 25, 2016

Countdown to Gorgeous Day 24: Thankful and Christmas Eve FOTD

Hard to believe that Christmas is finally here. In some ways it seems like it will never come when I'm in the midst of work projects/end of semester hoopla, and in others it is here and gone in a flash. The last day of the Countdown to Gorgeous advent calendar by bareMinerals wants me to "Be Good", so I'll give it a shot.
Day 24 brings a rosy brown loose powder eye shadow with a satin finish called Thankful. All of the shadows from this series haven been easy to work with (beyond the messiness of being loose powders), and it reminds me how much I used to love and use loose shadows from bareMinerals in the past. Yes, I managed to spill a fair amount of Thankful into the wicker of my makeup table, but it's nothing that a vacuum cleaner can't handle :-)
Here I'm wearing Thankful up to the crease, with matte shadows Fringe and Silk from the MetalMatte Kat Von D palette as transition shades. I also tried out the Mr. Bing eyeliner from the Kathleen Lights + ColourPop collection for the first time. Still forming impressions on it, but it does work nicely to softly deepen my lash line and meld with Thankful.
On my lips I went with a soft nude look featuring Nude Pop Lip Oil Balm and the Marvelous Moxie gloss in Daredevil.
The dogs and I enjoyed our Christmas eve at my mom's, and today is Christmas dinner. For the last few years we've gone with nontraditional Christmas meals, and this year will be barbeque ribs with all the fixin's. Yum.
The dogs definitely enjoyed Christmas eve, and Lulu has turned into the best present opener of the bunch. However, she tends to want to open everyone's presents.
Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment