...

Wednesday, November 2, 2016

NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream Vault

Disclaimer: I purchased this.
NYX came out with several interesting holiday sets, but the one that grabbed my attention the most was the Soft Matte Lip Cream Vault.  It went out of stock at Ulta almost as soon as I saw it.  I was fortunate enough that when it briefly appeared back in stock, I pounced with a 20% coupon that knocked the $64.99 price down to $51.99.
The set includes mini sizes (0.158 oz) of all 34 soft matte creams, plus two shades exclusive to the set, Bangkok (lavender purple) and Los Angeles (mauve tan). My previous experience with the Soft Matte Creams was limited to Morocco (review here), but I liked it enough to want to take the chance on the set.
I've worn a handful thus far, and so far the formula seems consistently good. When swatching, it was apparent that Monte Carlo was runny in consistency, and reviews at Ulta have been a bit mixed in regards to some shades performing better than others.
There are definitely some colors that I will never wear they could be useful for mixing colors), but it's fun to have such a color range at my fingertips. I find the soft matte creams comfortable to wear and appreciate that they do suck the moisture out of my lips.
I'll be housing mine in a container originally meant for storing beads that I picked up from Michaels.  The Nouveau Cheap Beauty Blog had a post on the Toho Bead Tube Holder by Darice , but I couldn't find that one.
This will work well enough for now, although the right side is just the caps of the bead containers in the cover of the set. Those are not high enough to securely hold the tubes, but it does keep them upright.
Zurich
The best 'try on all the NYX soft matte lip cream vault' video I have seen is by mirrorsandhaze, and I would recommend watching if you want to see what all the colors look like on. She is a super talented MUA and I thoroughly enjoy watching her videos.
Rome
Cannes
Budapest
Barcelona
The Soft Matte Lip Cream Vault is currently sold out, and it will be interesting to see if it comes back in stock. I'm glad I picked one up!

No comments:

Post a Comment