...

Sunday, November 27, 2016

More Black Friday Sales That Got My Money: Tarte. Lauren Brooke Cosmetiques, and Andalou Naturals

Gosh, but the sales have been good this year! I stocked up on some favorites as well as a few Christmas gifts for my mom. Tarte tempted me with 25% off, so I picked up another one of their custom magnetic palettes in Gold Digger ($17). I love the cover design on this one, but seriously, these are as good if not better than Z palettes. While the shape is different, it fits the same amount of product as a large Z palette, and it feels much sturdier. I've now got 3 of them, as I got another of the leopard print design during Sephora's VIB sale. That's how much I like them.
I've gotten to where I prefer using mini sizes of mascaras, as full sized ones tend to go bad before I finish them up. The limited edition Triple Threat Mascara Trio ($18) will be a gift for my mom and includes mini sizes of the:
  • deluxe tarteist™ lash paint mascara
  • deluxe lights, camera, lashes™ 4-in-1 mascara
  • deluxe lights, camera, flashes™ statement mascara
Lauren Brooke Cosmetiques had a 30% off sale, so I picked up what their Creme Foundation in Cool No. 30 (review here). This has become my favorite foundation, with it's skin loving ingredients and smooth finish. I also got the Silk Veil ($18) in medium as a finishing powder for the foundation. It's supposed to be good for normal to oily skin and considering the foundation does best when set with a powder, I'm hoping the two together will be a powerhouse combo. I will report back.

The Lash Conditioner ($12) is something I've used before and really like. It's got new packaging which I think should preserve the formula better. I will do a review on this as well, so stay tuned.
Andalou Naturals makes my go to sunscreen, the DIY Booster SPF 30 Facial Serum ($19.99, review here). For years I was reluctant to wear sunscreen on my oily skin, and this is the first one I've wholeheartedly embraced. Looks like Andalou has redesigned all of their packaging.
I've had my eye on the Turmeric + C Enlighten Serum ($24.99) and this sale seemed like the right time to pick it up. I use turmeric powder almost every day in my morning smoothie, and I'm interested in seeing how this powerful anti-inflammatory works in skincare.
The Kukui Cocoa Body Butter ($13.95) sounds lovely with its argan oil, shea and cocoa butters, aloe vera, Hawaiian kukui and evening primrose oils. Another gift for mom, however, so I'll have to ask her if it's as good as it sounds.

No comments:

Post a Comment