...

Friday, October 14, 2016

Tarte Wing Workers Deluxe Tarteist Eyeliner Set


Disclaimer: I purchased this.
The Wing Workers deluxe set ($35) was the second item I picked up with my 20% off birthday code from Tarte. It is part of the holiday sets and features 4 of the Tarteist clay paint liners plus a blush valued at $78. The Tarte holiday sets have been hit or miss based on various reviews I've seen but this one is a winner IMO, and I'm not even someone who wears a winged eyeliner that often. Plus, I'm kinda digging the Pucci inspired print packaging Tarte went with this year.
I'm also loving that these come in tubes, as I'm hoping that means they will not dry out as fast as pot liners. Each tube has a mini well that you can use to work the liner onto your brush, but fair warning: any leftover pigment in the well will be dry the next day. So....we'll have to see have well the tubes do when it comes to keeping the liners wet.
I also like that you get 3 beautiful colors in addition to a standard black matte, as I'm not really a black liner person, as I find it a bit too harsh.  But the matte Aubergine and shimmery Bronze and Navy are such pretty colors, especially for fall.  Plus, you can wear them as eye shadow bases for an intense, opaque eye look!
The navy appears to be the least pigmented of the four and I did need to go back over it twice, but I used such small amounts on my brush to get what you see above. You also get a double ended brush for lining your eyes, and I like the slant side the best for doing a precise line.

So far I've been wearing these more as shadow bases than as eyeliners, but I'm quite pleased with them! They are waterproof and are supposed to wear for 12 hours, and on my oily lids they definitely hold up all day without flaking or creasing. 
Several of Tarte's holiday sets have been made in China and the quality on those has been varied, but these are made in Canada. I've gotten to where I don't buy holiday sets until I've read enough reviews to know how the quality is, given the trend with brands outsourcing to China so often and the sometimes problematic quality issues. No problems here, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment