...

Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Culling My Collection: 2016 Lip Gloss and Lip Crayon Declutter Part II

On to part two of the great lip gloss/lip crayon declutter (part 1 is here). First up today are some items in the peachy/melon color family. Not making the cut are the first two - a sample from Chantecaille and a shimmer gloss from Le Metier de Beaute's (LMdB) VIP subscription program. Both are sheer and the LMdB has a rather chemically smell.
Tally: 42 items culled and 70 items kept. Next are 3 peachy rose glosses, all of which I like and kept.
Tally: 42 items tossed and 73 kept. Now for some coral and red glosses and liquid lipsticks. I like all of these as well and nothing is getting tossed, which makes the tally now 42 items culled and 82 items kept.
Next up are some lip crayons/balm stains. A couple of the Revlon Just Bitten balm stains were starting to go bad and I did not care for the color of Precious and Julep's Flamingo, so they did not make the cut.  Tally: 46 items tossed and 90 items kept.
Ah, my favorite glosses ever - Buxom. I find the formula very comfortable to wear and like the slightly cooling/tingling sensation. Most are definitely on the sheer side, and even with that I only managed to get rid of 3.
Here are the ones I tossed, which brings my tally to 49 items tossed and 110 items kept. I also kept all of the Bite Beauty glosses from 15 Shades of Sephora set, which brings my final tally to: 49 items tossed and 127 items kept. That's about 38%, which is okay.
Here are all the items I tossed:
I think in 6 months I should probably revisit what I kept and do another cull, as my collection is still excessive. I did organize most of what I kept by color family, which helps with decision making in the mornings now.
Lip glosses and lip crayons post cull

No comments:

Post a Comment