...

Friday, April 8, 2016

Sample Series #11: Beyond Perfecting Foundation + Concealer in Neutral by Clinique

Clinique's Beyond Perfecting Foundation + Concealer was a sleeper surprise for me. I had zero expectations before trying it and once I realized less is more due to it's super pigmentation, I've got to admit I was impressed.
I've gotten probably a weeks worth of use from the sample packet, as just a few small dabs is enough to cover my entire face. The first time I used it I went way overboard, not realizing that less really is more. This can be a true full coverage foundation that still manages to not look cakey or mask like.
My preference is to use my Beauty Blender for more sheer coverage that still does a good job of evening out my skin and covering dark spots and other imperfections. Since this is also billed as a concealer, applying a little extra over trouble spots makes my skin look even better.  The finish is a satin-matte that does not look flat, although I'm one that likes to mix foundation with liquid luminizers for a bit of glow. The pigment in the Beyond Perfecting Foundation + Concealer does tend to eat luminizers for dinner, just so you know.
Clinique's Neutral shade is usually a good match for me and I did not have issues with it oxidizing. I do set the foundation with a light dusting of powder due to my oily skin, and at the end of an 8-9 hour day the foundation is just starting to break up a bit. Overall, pretty impressive! I'm also liking the price ($27), as so many mid-level brand's foundation prices seem to be creeping up to the $40 range these days.

2 comments:

  1. After 8 hours, that is not bad at all. I think it's sits really nice on you :) Check out my blog if you want to try more from clinique http://labeaute.org/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not many foundations wear that long on my oily skin,so I definitely have to give props to this one. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete