...

Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Perfectionist Youth-Infusing Brightening Serum + Concealer by Estee Lauder

Disclaimer:  I purchased this.
Being a fan of  Estee Lauder's concealers, I was intrigued by the eye serum included in the Perfectionist Youth-Infusing Brightening Serum + Concealer ($34), so added it to my March spring beauty haul. Multi-tasking products are great when they work or twice the disappointment when they don't, so let's see where on the spectrum this one fell.
First off, I picked well with the 2W Light Medium (Warm) shade, which is always dicey when shopping blind online. I tend to look at a lot of swatches before purchasing, but there weren't many available on this product so I went more by the shade description.
The serum is supposed to improve the moisture level of under eye skin within 4 weeks while making the skin appear smoother with fewer lines and wrinkles, all while color correcting uneven skin tone and brightening dark areas.  I've been using it for over a month now, and I like it. A lot.  It does brighten my under eye area without emphasizing the fine network of lines I have.  I don't tend to use concealer in this area as I don't have dark circles, but I do like using a lightweight brightener such as this. The serum is meant to be used as the last step of your skincare regimen, and I would like to know what the ingredients are, but that ingredient list is proving elusive.
The other end contains a hydrating cream stick concealer to cover skin imperfections wherever you may have them. You can even use it as a foundation in a pinch, which I discovered on a 3 day work trip last week. The foundation I packed mysteriously disappeared (I still haven't found it), and after a moment of panic I congratulated myself on having brought this new dual-tasking product with me. I prefer it as a spot concealer, but it does sheer out nicely with a damp beauty blender and when set with a translucent powder, performed well as my johnny on the spot foundation.
You get .17 oz of the serum and .19 oz of the concealer, and considering I used the concealer as foundation for 3 days, I may end up finishing both at the same time now. Bottom line, this dual-tasker is a win for me!
Brightening serum

No comments:

Post a Comment