...

Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Le Métier de Beauté January VIP Box: Mixed Feelings

Mixed Feelings is not the name of the January Le Métier de Beauté (LMdB) VIP subscription box, but it does reflect how I'm feeling.  I'm baffled as to why we got two more lipsticks, having just received two lipsticks in last month's box. I'm equally baffled as to why we are getting yet another similarly hued pink. One's plenty, really.
As the card indicates, Emerge and Burnished are exclusive to the VIP program in both color and formula. There is some online chatter from subscribers who are unhappy about not receiving products from LMdB's core line, as they feel VIP subscribers may be getting products that are not up to par in comparison to in store LMdB offerings, either in color choice or formula (or both).
Burnished

Emerge
I have no idea if that's true or not, but I suppose it's possible this subscription has jumped the shark. I hope I'm wrong, and we do have another 6 months to show otherwise. As to my impressions regarding Burnished and Emerge....they're only okay.  Emerge is a bit on the chalky side and Burnished is definitely frosty/metallic, hence why I'm guessing they suggest layering the two.
Burnished
Emerge benefits from having a gloss on top to smooth out the pigment which wants to bunch up a bit (another description for chalky?).  The two layered together looks pretty when topped with By Terry's Rose de Baume, which is my go to for difficult lipsticks.  Everything looks good with Rose de Baume on top, seriously.  
Emerge
Emerge + Burnished + Rose de Baume
So there ya go, mixed feelings. Three of the 6 months thus far have featured either lipstick or lipgloss.  The only product received for year 3 VIP subscription that is part of LMdB's regular product line was the foundation brush (which I like, BTW).  Last up, comparison swatches of December's lipsticks with this month's.  Fembot is the better of the two pinks formula wise, IMO.

No comments:

Post a Comment