...

Thursday, December 24, 2015

December Le Métier de Beauté VIP Box: Lipcentric

Disclaimer:  I purchased this.
Le Métier de Beauté's December VIP box featured 2 lipsticks and a clear lip pencil.  The online rumblings have been less than positive regarding this lipcentric offering, which I'll articulate more on below.  However, I'm not unhappy with this month's box.
Why, you may ask?  Well, there's also a nice makeup bag that feels and looks like thick leather (although it's not).  While I don't need more makeup bags, I do appreciate getting ones that have a quality feel/look if I'm going to get them in a subscription box.  I throw out ones that feel cheap or flimsy, but I'll hang on to this one.
The lip pencil in Translucide is a clear color meant to line lips to prevent feathering of lipstick. Exciting?  Not really. I've bought similar products from Too Faced and Urban Decay before, so another one is not unwelcome.
Celestica (shade)
Celestica (sun)
The two lipsticks do not appear to be a part of Le Métier de Beauté's current line, which means they could be coming out in spring or they were made just for the VIP boxes.  However, I doubt these were made just for the VIP boxes, as those products usually just say "VIP" on the label.  Some of the discontent I saw online from other VIP subscribers had to do with feeling like the subscription boxes were getting items of less quality than regular LMdB products.  However, these feel good on and the cases have a nice heft/look to them, so I'm leaning more on the side that these are potential new releases.  We shall see, I guess.

Fembot (shade)
Fembot (sun)
These two Lambent lip colors both have a shimmer to them.  The shimmer bits do not feel gritty on  and the lipstick is surprisingly lightweight yet plush feeling. The name "Fembot" really is perfect for the pink color, yet it's not an unwearable frosty pink.  I may end up wearing Fembot for my Christmas Eve look.  If it's going to be an unseasonably 76 degrees today (which it is, along with a monsoon), I'll wear spring colors.  So there.
Call me Pollyanna, but I like my December VIP box. Merry Christmas Eve everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment