...

Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Empties! Products I Used Up (or Tossed) in August

I'm ready for cool weather, or at least hints of it.  However, I it will probably be more dog days of summer (the hottest period of the year - reckoned in antiquity from the heliacal rising of Sirius, the Dog Star).  In the meantime, let's look at some highlights of products I used up in August, as well as two lip glosses I tossed.
The Beauty Protector's Protect & Oil is a Birchbox exclusive, and I'm a fan of this Argan oil based hair treatment.  I like the fragrance and it does a good job of smoothing and protecting my hair without weighing it down.
belif is a Korean brand new to Sephora, and I picked up a deluxe sample of The True Cream - Aqua Bomb with a code, if I remember correctly.  I love gel based moisturizers, as they seem to work well with my oily skin.
This one contains a blend of apothecary herbs, including antioxidant-rich lady's mantle, which is supposed to help neutralize skin-damaging free radicals, improve skin elasticity, and minimize the appearances of pores.  I found it lightweight enough to wear under makeup and thought it was a solid performer!
Caudalie's Vinoperfect Radiance Serum is supposed to improve the appearance of dark spots, promote even skintone, and boosts radiance.  This is an expensive serum at $79 for the full-sized, and I'm not sure the sample was enough to convince me to pay that much, but I did like this.  Just not enough.
First Aid Beauty's Face Cleanser and a tried and true favorite of mine (you can see a full review here), and I would definitely pick up another one.
I tossed these two lip glosses because the formula irritates my lips for some reason, despite their natural/organic ingredients.  Perhaps because of, who knows?.  I've got a drawer full of glosses, so no point in suffering through these.  Now, come on cooler weather!

No comments:

Post a Comment