...

Thursday, August 13, 2015

Too Faced Melted Metal Liquid Lipstick in Tutu

First of all, I love the name 'Tutu".  I don't know why, other than it rhymes with 'Lulu', the namesake of my blog.  Secondly, Tutu is a metallic coral pink, and I have a weakness for coral pinks.  So of course I was interested to see a metallic take on my favorite lip color.
The original Too Faced Melted lipsticks ($21) didn't grab me enough to purchase, but the metallics for some reason did and I now have three of them.  I do find them slightly drying to wear, and my favorite way to wear Tutu has been underneath a more hydrating lip color.
Tutu is quite pretty when worn on it's own, so exfoliating and prepping the lips with a good lip balm is the way to go when I go solo with it.
However, this week I've been wearing it layered under my Revlon lip butters, and I particularly liked the combo of Tutu + Tutti Frutti.  Going this way tones down the metallic finish but still gives luminosity.  I like layering products and the potential for endless variety:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment