...

Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Paul & Joe Lipstick Refill 204 Toujours Heureux and Lipstick Case 020

The pretty designs offered by Paul & Joe have beckoned me for a while, and I finally decided to get one of the lipstick refills and a lipstick case to house it in.  My ongoing quest for the perfect peach lip shades led me to Toujours Heureux ($20), and my love of Asian influenced art resulted in the lovely blue and orange lipstick case 020 ($7).  Just so pretty.

The case is made of cardboard but feels pretty sturdy, and my biggest fear is it getting dirty from being handled and/or carried in my purse.  Oh well, such is life.  The refill fits nicely in the case and I love the design details of the P&J initials in the lipstick and the name on the tube.

Toujours Heureux is part of the "Natural" line and it turns out to be much less vivid on than it appears in the tube, as the finish is more sheer than opaque.  The formula includes cocoa butter and jojoba oil, and I found it comfortable with a wear time of about 3 hours, which is about average for me.  
Toujours Heureux means "always happy", and I'm a believer in surrounding myself with positive people and items that make me happy, so I like the name :-)

2 comments: