...

Friday, August 14, 2015

Julep August Maven Bombshell Box

Julep's theme for August is Muse Montreal, and I'm really liking both the nail polish colors inspired by Montreal as well as the featured beauty product this month - Skip the Brush blush stick.  I had a hard time choosing but finally decided to switch to the Bombshell box from my usual Boho Glam.
The Bombshell polishes are the lapis blue cream Sophia and a raspberry linear holographic called Mari.  I'm wearing Mari on my hands now and it was easy breezy to work with.  Sophia is on my toes and it was really good as well - I've had problems with vibrant blues from Julep in the past (Eden comes to mind), so this is step in the right direction.
The Skip the Brush blush shade I chose was Golden Guava.  It's a lovely coral with gold shimmer and while I've yet to wear it, arm swatches look promising.  I'll post a full review once I've had time to play with it a bit.
A small card of temporary tattoos was also included.  I like these and was not aware they could be used on nails as well, but these small designs are perfect for that.
I'm still on the original Maven plan which makes my boxes $19.99 but limits my ability to customize. I've noticed techniques that seem to be pushing people to adopting the newer Maven pricing plan of $24.99/mo (you can purchase a 3 month plan at a discount that translates to $19.99/mo), but I haven't bitten yet as I prefer being able to skip at will.

No comments:

Post a Comment