...

Monday, August 17, 2015

Golden Guava Skip the Brush Creme-to-Powder Blush Stick by Julep


Golden Guava is one of four shades available in Julep's new Skip the Brush Creme-to-Powder blush sticks, and my selection for my August Maven box. After playing with it for a week, I wanted to give my impressions!
Golden Guava is a lovely coral pink with gold shimmer.  That shimmer includes actual gold glitter bits, albeit tiny gold glitter bits.  This had me a bit nervous, but I'm happy to report the effect on my face is more luminous as opposed to glittery - quite flattering actually.
The blush is easy to apply and can be smoothed out with either fingers or a brush, with my preference being a brush.  Color can be built up to a point, but in general this is a more subtle blush which provides glow with a bit of color
Below you can see Golden Guava blended out, and the glitter bits just seem to disappear.  I can see them on my cheeks when I look really close, however.

Golden Guava blended
I also liked how Golden Guava looked on my lips, although it needs a balm or gloss on top for comfortable wear.  Again, I get more luminosity then color.  Here I'm wearing it with By Terry's clear Baume de Rose, which seems to make everything look a bit better.
Wear time is about 7-8 hours on my oily skin, and I can't see any of the blush left at the end of my day. So, I wouldn't call it long wearing, but I guess it's in the perfect form to carry with you to reapply if desired.  I'm a one an done makeup applier myself, with the exception of lip products.  I don't even carry powder with me.
The Skip the Brush blush sticks are $24 each ($19.20 for Mavens), which makes getting mine along with the rest of the August Bombshell box products quite the steal.  I like.

No comments:

Post a Comment