...

Monday, June 15, 2015

Melted Peony Liquified Long Lasting Lipstick by Too Faced

Disclaimer:  I purchased this.
I've been slow to warm up to the Too Faced Melted lipsticks, and only took the plunge when I saw swatches of the newer Melted Metals.  So why am I showing you Peony, one of the cream Melteds?  Well, it's part of the Melt Your Heart Out set at Sephora that includes a deluxe sampled of Melted Metallic Dreamhouse, and because I like it :-)  More than I was expecting to.
Peony is a soft camellia pink with strong pigmentation, making this definitely more of a liquid lipstick than a gloss.  Not to say that it doesn't have a glossy finish initially, because it does, but it does dry down a bit to a more matte finish the longer you wear it.
The plush tip worked well to apply Peony, but I imagine darker colors would benefit from the precision of a brush. 
I like smoothing with my finger to get a thinner and more realistic (to me) finish.  One of the reasons I did not originally like the Melted lipsticks is because the pictures I saw in blog reviews featured a heavier application, which didn't look natural to me.  Just a matter of personal preference, I guess. 
I also like patting Peony down and then wearing another lipgloss on top for a more luminous look, such as below with Le Metier de Beaute's Creme de la Creme.
Peony wears comfortably for 3-4 hours and I did not notice any bleeding or bunching of color.  Too Faced has been steadily adding new shades to the Melted range, which is now up to 18 colors.  I need to get busy and play with the Metal Melteds I've acquired and see if my attraction to them was warranted.  Have you tried the Melteds or Metal Melteds yet?  Any favorites?

No comments:

Post a Comment