...

Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Cleansers Currently in my Rotation

I'm a devoted user of cleansing oil, but almost always follow up with some type of (usually) foaming cleanser.  These are the travel sized cleansers I've been using for the past few months, which I've either just finished or am about to finish.


Vasanti's Detox Nutrient-Rich Purifying Facial Cleanser is designed to be a gentle foaming cleanser that can remove even silicone based and water resistant formulas.  It contains active ingredients including omega 3 and 6 and is supposed to leave skin balanced and hydrated.  I typically used it with my Clarisonic several times a week at night.  It's formulated without parabens, mineral oil, petrolatum, sulfates, GMO's, Triclosan, is cruelty-free, 100% vegan, and 85% natural.  At $24 for a full sized bottle, it's an effective cleanser that I would purchase based on the Birchbox sample I received.  Very nice.

First Aid Beauty's Skin Rescue Deep Cleanser with Red Clay may be the prettiest cleanser I've ever used.  I enjoyed looking at it every time I used it, and even better, I liked the formula and way it performed as well.  The target audience for this cleanser are those with combination to oily or problem prone skin, which would be me.  It is supposed to remove excess oils (don't most cleansers do this?), unclogs pores and purify the skin with a powerful combination of Red Clay, Rosemary Leaf Oil and botanical antioxidants.  I liked this cleanser and used it as my morning cleanser in the shower.   The full-sized version is $24 I and would purchase based on the sample size I just finished.  It does have a high pH level, although I'm not sure of the exact number and dermstore has this in it's description:  panthenol balances pH levels.  First Aid Beauty's other cleanser is slightly acidic at 6.5.
pur-lisse's pur-delicate was the big surprise for me out of these cleansers, in that I wasn't expecting much from this non-foaming cleanser.  Typically non-foaming cleansers just haven't done a good job for me and tend to leave my skin feeling coated or not quite clean, but that's definitely not the case with pur-delicate.  The gentle, non~irritating blend of Soy Milk, Soy Proteins, Whole Oat, White Tea and Blue Lotus did the job and left my skin feeling clean and soft (I saw reference to a pH level of about 7).  It's more of an investment at $36, but I was really impressed with it.

Last but not least is L'Occitane's Immortelle Precious Cleansing Foam, which contains immortelle floral water and citrus fruit peel to brighten the complexion.  I like the soft fragrance and the light foam and thought it does a good job of cleansing without stripping my skin.  The sample is lasting a surprisingly long time, which makes me think the full-sized version ($28) would last a loooong time.



No comments:

Post a Comment