...

Monday, May 18, 2015

Plum Pop Cheek Pop by Clinique

Yes, I've had Plum Pop for over a year and am now just posting a review.  And yes, Clinique recently released 8 new shades to the original 4, for a total of 12 Cheek Pop blushes. 
I've been rediscovering Plum Pop and trying to decide if I need any of the new colors (ha, like I'll ever need another blush again in my lifetime).  I do love the daisy design in the clear acylic case, as they are both adorable and easy to identify in my drawer full of blushes. 
Plum Pop is a cool toned medium pink that lays down a natural looking satin finish.  While there is no visible shimmer in normal light, it's definitely not flat or chalky looking, and in bright sun you can see a faint shimmer.
Color is buildable but I find the pigmentation strong enough that a few swipes are enough for my fair/warm toned complexion.  I like concentrating it on the apples of my cheeks for a pop of color and then contouring/blending with bronzer, now that spring is turning into balmy hot days where I live.
I'm glad I dug Plum Pop out, I really like it!  Still not sure if I'll get one of the new colors, although a good Clinique GWP offer could definitely tip me over the edge.  I'm torn between Heather Pop or Rosy Pop, or maybe Pansy Pop for something different.

No comments:

Post a Comment