...

Friday, May 15, 2015

Eden by Julep: A Temperamental Beauty

Disclaimer:  I purchased this.
Eden by Julep is a deep indigo with purple undertones, or a blurple.  My bottle had started to separate so I decided I better rescue this baby from neglect.  The label says it was released in 2013, so it's been sitting on my shelf for a while.
Even after shaking it vigorously, you can see that the colors want to separate and the consistency was a bit on the watery side.  Not sure if that's an indication the polish is going bad or if it's just a temperamental color.  Regardless, the shade itself is gorgeous.
The first coat looked like a disaster but a thick 2nd coat evened things out pretty well.  I used Julep's Freedom topcoat, and for the first time with it, experienced major tip shrinkage.  I'm now beginning to see Eden as a beautiful but colicky baby.  It does have a bit of a dull matte finish and definitely benefits from a glossy topcoat.  Bottom line:  beautiful but temperamental.

No comments:

Post a Comment