...

Friday, April 3, 2015

NOTD: Cake Pop by Orly

This week has been busy, busy, busy, hence the lack of posts.  I did a whirlwind of spring cleaning and purging my office at the university, and I'm hoping that will carry over to my house at some point.  But for now, I've got the palest pink cream to show you, called Cake Pop.  Perfect for a minimalistic Easter look, no?
I received Cake Pop in the spring FabFitFun box, and to be honest I wasn't that excited about it at first.  However, I'm really liking how it looks on.  It was a relatively easy 2-coater, and on my index and ring finger I tried Julep's pink shifting Tyra, which added a barely there shimmer, kind of like the glow of a pearl.  Added bonus:  Cake Pop makes your hands look really tan.
My Easter plans consist of a birthday party for my mother's 1 year old Sheltie.  There will be an Easter egg hunt for the dogs featuring plastic eggs filled with treats.  I'm sure fun will be had by all :-)  Linking up with The Nail Files hosted by Jennie Shaw:

 photo newbutton_zps284b4cd7.jpg

4 comments:

  1. I love the name "Cake Pop" - makes me hungry ;) Have fun this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm looking forward to the dog birthday party - haven't had one in a while!

      Delete
  2. Love that pink!! It's so pale, but really does go on well with two coats. That whole collection is awesome. I agree that it makes my hands look tan, too! Bonus. Haha!

    That dog-egg hunt sounds hilarious! Hope you video it. ;)

    Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I shall attempt to do that! At the very least, I'll take pictures :-)

      Delete