...

Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Complexion Rescue Tinted Hydrating Gel Cream in Natural 05 by bareMinerals

I've been veering more towards BB and CC creams for my foundation choice the past few months, and bareMinerals newest entry into this crowded market caught my interest.  Described as "the best of a BB, a CC, and a tinted moisturizer", Complexion Rescue ($29) claims the ability to provide a 215% increase in skin hydration after just one week.  
I decided on shade Natural 05, designed for medium skin with neutral undertones.  It's a good match for me during winter, which is when I'd more likely be wearing Complexion Rescue due to my skin being slightly less oily then.  Yep, Complexion Rescue is described as providing a "dewy" finish, which I'd say is true.  No way can I wear this during the spring/summer, when my skin goes into oil producing hyper drive.
 Coverage is sheer, which was another concern I had, given my skin's less than perfect appearance.  You can build up coverage slightly, but Complexion Rescue main attribute is it's natural looking, smooth finish.  I relied on concealer to better cover dark spots or blemishes, and finishing off with a tinted setting powder (Le Metier de Beaute's Peau Vierge Anti-Aging Powder is my current favorite), helped both with longevity and shine.  
There were also days when I mixed Complexion Rescue with one of my more full cover foundations, with pretty good results.  I could also see using this as primer for it's sunscreen/skincare benefits, with a mineral powder foundation on top. 
Bottom line, I like Complexion Rescue, although my oily skin makes it not the best fit for me year round.  I'm still planning on purchasing the Goop CC Cream once my shade is back in stock, as it does a better job in the coverage and mattifying department. 

No comments:

Post a Comment