...

Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Double Wear Brush on Glow BB Highlighter in 1C Light (Cool) by Estee Lauder

I've been a big fan of Estee Lauder's Double Wear concealer, as it is one of the few I've tried that does not emphasize my fine lines yet still provides good coverage.  So, the idea of the Glow BB Highlighter ($28.50), which brightens as well as conceals with a purported 8 hour wear, was quite appealing.
There is no visible shimmer in this formula that I could detect, but Photo Optic™ Technology is supposed to brighten shadows and help erase the look of fatigue while highlighting facial features.  It was a challenge picking the right shade online, but I lucked out with 1C Light (Cool), which works well for me as both an under eye concealer and as a highlighter on the bridge of my nose/cupid's bow.
The click pen brush applicator is not my favorite way to dispense product, but I'm not experiencing any problems such as too much product gushing out with this one.
The product darkens a bit as it dries down, and 1C Light is on the light-medium end of spectrum of the 8 available shades. 
The BB Highlighter has many of the attributes of the Double Wear concealer, in that it does not emphasize fine lines and has a realistic looking finish.  It's not as pigmented as the concealer, which I prefer using on dark spots and reserving the BB Highlighter for my eyes and to highlight high points of the face.
Realistically, would you need both?  I don't think so, as they seem rather interchangeable to me.  Given that the Double Wear concealer (see review here) is less expensive at $24 and has a longer wear time of 15 hours, it remains my favorite!

511accc9af3f925cf5ff5e037425716ffa2e77129fd746784b

2 comments:

  1. interesting concept, but yeah not sure if I'm going to rush out for this one! Probably get the other one first!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I was expecting something a little different with the whole highlighter"concept. It just wasn't that different from a concealer.

    ReplyDelete