...

Friday, January 9, 2015

NOTD: My Pointe Exactly Jelly Sandwich

I don't know what it is about the color gray, winter, and cold weather (actually, it's pretty obvious), but it seems like every year about this time I break out a gray polish.  This year it's a jelly sandwich with the uber sheer My Pointe Exactly and sparkly Pirouette My Whistle from the OPI 2012 New York City Ballet Soft Shades collection.
I'll be honest and say I like the concept of these better than the actual execution.  The pale gray is not the most flattering color on me, nor is it easy to get even coverage with the sheer tints.  I do adore Pirouette My Whistle, however, with it's delicate silver sprinkle of glitter.
What you see here is 3 layers of My Pointe Exactly alternated with 2 layers of the glitter.  Plus a little critter at the center of the camellia flower.  I'm not crazy about it (the manicure, not the critter), but hey, them's the breaks. 
So, here's a flashback to a previous January gray NOTD, just because:
Noot and Cassedy by Zoya

1 comment:

  1. Nice polishes. I love ballet.

    http://the-renaissance-of-inner-fashion.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete