...

Monday, January 26, 2015

Le Métier de Beauté VIP January Box: Beautiful Multitasker

Disclaimer:  I purchased these.
January's VIP subscription box from Le Métier de Beauté featured something old and something new.  The something old was the kabuki brush ($85), which those that subscribed last year also received in the inaugural box (links are to full reviews).  That's fine by me, as I love and use mine regularly, so a second one will also be put to good use.   Composed of 100% natural goat hair, it's densely packed and quite soft.  I primarily use mine for face powders.
The something new is a lovely single ($30) that can be used as both a blush or an eyeshadow, a true multitasker for someone like me with a fair but warm toned complexion.
Summer sunset at Redondo Beach Pier (Source: Yelp)
Sadly, this one has no name on it, so I'll make up my own.  Let's call it Redondo Beach, because that's the name that flew into my head when I was typing this.  A perusal of Google images says that works just fine.
Redondo Beach has a lovely but subtle shimmer to it, which translates more to a satin finish on my skin.  It works well as both an eye shadow or a blush, although the color puts it mainly in the latter camp for me.  Fortunately, blue eyes and this salmon/apricot shade work well together, so I'll be able to use it for both purposes.
I went for a monochromatic look in this FOTD, with Redondo Beach on both my cheeks and eyes.  I used Urban Decay's now discontinued (why, UD, why?) 24/7 eye pencil in Lucky to line my upper and lower lashline, and Chantecaille's Faux Cils mascara.
On my lips I'm wearing Urban Decay's Fiend Revolution lipstick topped with Tom Ford's Luca from Lips & Boys.  I'm going to find ways to wear Luca that works if it kills me.
The total value of January's VIP box was $115, and I'll enjoy both products for quite some time to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment