...

Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Barely Nude 5-in-1 BB Cream Eyeshadow by Bare Minerals

I've been wanting to try the BB Cream Eyeshadows ($18) by Bare Minerals for quite a while now, so was happy when Ulta recently did a GWP that featured the shade Barely Nude. 
So what are the 5 in 1 benefits, exactly?  Well, they promise long wearing color that can be used to prime, brighten, smooth, and protect your eyes.  The protection comes in the form of SPF 15, which is nice.  I've actually got a discoloration on one of my eyelids which is no doubt due to sun exposure. 
I wore Barely Nude with no primer underneath, and it held up quite well on my oily lids.  There was some settling into my crease line by hour 8, but nothing too obvious.  Given that Barely Nude blends almost seamlessly into my own skin color, a darker shade may have made the line settling more obvious.  I did buy Elegant Taupe but have yet to try it out, so we shall see.
The finish is smooth, almost velvety, with barely noticeable shimmer bits lightly interspersed.  I did not find the color flat and thought it did make my starting to get crepey lids look a bit smoother.  I used a slightly darker matte shadow to lightly define (BFF from Pur Minerals Soul Mattes palette, which you can see here) and liner/mascara, but all in all a very easy look for mornings when I want an easy neutral eye. 
This cream shadow entry from Bare Minerals in available in 10 different neutral shades, and I think Barely Nude and Elegant Taupe will serve me well! 

No comments:

Post a Comment