...

Wednesday, October 1, 2014

YSL Fusion Ink Foundation in Cool Honey: Sample Series #8

I love getting foundation samples from Sephora, especially for the higher end more expensive brands.  Since I predominantly shop online, matching foundation is tricky and those samples help out a lot!
Here is what YSL says about their new Fusion Ink Foundation:
"FEELS LIKE A FEATHER. WEARS LIKE AN INK. NO MORE COMPROMISE. 24 hours of soft-matte perfection and comfort. Our exclusive fine-as-ink formula perfects the skin yet wears weightlessly all day. Never cakey or heavy. Feel the difference of all day perfection and freedom." 
Cool Honey was a good match for my complexion.  I was surprised as I thought it looked too dark for me when I peeled back the sample, but it blended seamlessly into my skin.  The finish was a smooth matte and did not emphasize my pores at all.  I'd say the coverage is medium, and I thought it did a great job of covering imperfections without looking heavy or cakey.  All good so far!
One day of wear is usually not enough for me to form a firm impression, but unfortunately my skin didn't react favorably to this.  I experienced more than the normal amount of small whiteheads the next day, a sure indication that something in the formula was causing issues.  If you look at the ingredient list you'll notice that it's very heavy on the silicones.  I'm guessing that's the culprit. 
Given Fusion Ink Foundation's $60 price, I'm not inclined to give it a second chance even though I thought it looked nice and wore well on my oily skin.  C'est la vie, and why I like samples!

No comments:

Post a Comment