...

Monday, October 20, 2014

NYX Slim Lip Pencil in Pumpkin

October is probably my favorite month of the year for a variety of reasons.  It's when the weather starts to cool down here in Mobile and the humidity drops, leading to some beautiful days.  It's also my birthday month, when I take a week or two off from work to unwind and do much needed home and yard projects.
I can't think of a more appropriate color and name for this time of year than Pumpkin, and the NYX lip pencil of this moniker is very nice!  I like using lip pencils for all over lip color, and Pumpkin's deep orange with gold shimmer applied smoothly and wore comfortably for a good 4 hours, which is about tops for me.
Pumpkin has a slightly glossy finish, but here I'm wearing it mattified with MAKE's Matte Pencil.  Matte lips have definitely been my lip finish of choice recently, especially now that I've found a way to comfortably mattify my lipsticks.
NYX lip pencils are a very reasonable $3.49 and come in a variety of colors (I counted 36 shades on Ulta's site).  Very nice!

No comments:

Post a Comment