...

Monday, October 13, 2014

Le Corbusier Eye Kaleidoscope by Le Métier de Beauté

Le Corbusier was the third kaleidoscope I received as part of the summer  Le Métier de Beauté kaleidoscope subscription program (links to kaleidoscope 1 and kaleidoscope 2).  It's gorgeous, without a doubt.  However, it was curious that I received 3 eye kaleidoscopes, as this subscription program was originally marketed as coordinating eye, lip, and face or blush seasonally based kaleidoscopes.  Hmmm, not sure what happened there.
Le Corbusier is inspired by the themes of the 20th Century architect and painter, Le Corbusier.  From top to bottom tier, the colors are:
  • Gold coral
  • Suede sheen
  • Burnished tan
  • Deep slate blue
Layer 1 and 2 blended
Le Métier de Beauté's kaleidoscope palettes are designed around "Couches de Couleur", or the layering of color.  Each shade is hand selected to evoke one of each element in a sequence of crescendo:
  1. Warmth
  2. Feminity
  3. Contrast
  4. Depth
Layers 3 and 4 on top of 1 and 2
These shadows are smooth, very easy to blend, and wear all day for me over primer.  As an added bonus, the Gold Coral shade can also be used as a cheek highlighter.  I'm not sure if LMdB is still doing the subscription kaleidoscope program or not, but it was $225 for 3 months.  Expensive, but given that kaleidoscopes are normally $95 each, a bit of a discount at $75.  I'm pretty flush with eye kaleidoscopes now, but Le Corbusier is truly a gorgeous eye kaleidoscope I am happy to have received!

2 comments:

  1. oh my goodness gorgeous! I still don't know about the price tag... I'm sure one day I'll cave though haha!

    www.lilting-grace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LMdB shadows are now my favorites....but you are right about the price tag!

      Delete