...

Thursday, September 18, 2014

NOTD: Sweet Tooth Bronze Beam Jelly Sandwich

I decided a more conservative nail look was appropriate this week due to some work commitments, so I veered towards Clinique's pale pink Sweet Tooth.  However, I didn't want just a clear polish look, so I did a jelly sandwich with Maybelline's LE glitter Bronze Beam from "The Nudes" collection.
Jelly sandwich manicures are probably one of my favorites, even with the 7 coats of polish I use, counting base and top coats.  You are looking at 3 coats of Clinique's Sweet Tooth, and it takes that many if you want the pale pink color to show up.  The formula was spot on, however, and drying time was relatively quick given all the polish layers used.
Bronze Beam is a multi-sized glitter that leans more of a rose gold color to my eyes, but either way it's quite pretty.  I love the tiny little glitter bits in the mix and think they really do add to the overall effect.
Linking up with The Nail Files hosted by JennieShaw!

 photo newbutton_zps284b4cd7.jpg

6 comments:

  1. Wowza, 7 layers!! That's commitment ;) I never think to do a sandwich with my polishes, but thanks for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, and removing them isn't really easy either...but I still love the look!

      Delete
  2. Looks really pretty! Great for a conservative-but-not-boring look. :) I have yet to do a jelly sandwich - lack of jelly polishes. Boo. They always look so awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jelly polishes are one of my favorites - I'm always on the look for interesting colors with that finish!

      Delete
  3. This looks so freaking pretty! Totally a work-friendly look that still has some pizazz. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute nails! Seven coats of polish, wow! Great look though...Enjoy your evening!


    Carissa
    Lillies & Silk

    ReplyDelete