...

Monday, August 11, 2014

Mud Molten Shadow by MAKE

Mud is a cream gel eyeshadow, just one of two colors (the other is Pewter) from MAKE cosmetics.  Love the name and the color, which is more of a golden khaki green than the brown suggested by it's moniker.
Mud can be applied lightly for a more sheer look, or with a brush for an opaque metallic finish.  I always use an eye primer, and I can get about 7-8 hours of wear before I notice fading and creasing.  It's not as long wearing as say, Maybelline's 24/7 Color Tattoo cream shadows, but it's got some staying power.
Applied sheerly
I tend to use cream shadows as bases and then lightly apply powder shadow in complementing colors to transition color and smooth things out.  Above is Mud with a lighter green shadow blending into the crease.  Below, I used Mud with Rouge Bunny Rouge's Abyssinian Catbird.  More on that beauty later!
 Here is Mud applied with a brush above the lashline for more opaque coverage.
MAKE's Molten shadows are $26 each, which is on the pricey end for a cream shadow, IMO.  The color of Mud is what endears it to me, but if there were a similar color that performed well in Maybelline's 24/7 Color Tattoo stable, I'd go for that instead.  Sadly, Maybelline's LE Mossy Green Color Tattoo was both sheer and patchy and lacked Mud's color complexity.  So, I guess Mud's $26 is worth it to me!

2 comments:

  1. I love a good khaki... and I just bought Abyssinian Catbird...hmmm

    www.lilting-grace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Abyssinian Catbird is such a lovely shadow, interested to see what you do with it!

      Delete