...

Friday, August 1, 2014

Morocco Soft Matte Lip Cream by NYX

Morocco is the first of the soft matte lip creams from NYX that I've tried, and it has a lot to recommend it!  The pigmentation is insane, it applies smoothly, and really does dry down to a matte finish. 

I used the wand to apply it to my bottom lip and then used my finger to smooth it out and fill in the edges.  I probably would have benefited from using a lip brush along the edges, as I can see some areas that should have been filled out a bit more.  On the plus side, I experienced no bleeding and minimal transfer once the lip cream dried down.
Inside lighting
I'd say by the second hour of wear my lips were starting to fill a little dry, but nothing super uncomfortable.  I ate breakfast and sipped on iced coffee all morning and still felt like my lips looked good, but by the fourth hour there was enough fading that removal or a touch up was warranted.  The biggest downside I could tell was that fading is more from the edges and the inner lip as opposed to uniform, so you could end up looking rather strange with such a bold color.
Outside lighting, after 4 hours of wear
And oh, the color.  What a gorgeous tomato red!  So vibrant and crisp, I like it so much that I even wore it to work with no self-consciousness. 
At less than $6 and with 22 colors to chose from, definitely worth checking out.  I got mine from Ulta during a 40% off sale, so even better :-)

2 comments:

  1. It looks quite bright in the arm swatches but in the last picture it looks like it could be a fall shade as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I think I could wear this into fall as well. Such a pretty color!

      Delete