...

Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Geisha Satin Finish Powder Blush by MAKE: Review and Comparison Swatches

Disclaimer:  I purchased this. Links provided for convenience only.
Geisha is the second of the MAKE blushes I picked up in April.  Online swatches of MAKE products were few and far between at the time, so I was flying a bit blind in my choices, but Geisha turned out to be a really nice choice.
At first glance I thought my other choice of MAKE blush, Czarina, was very close in color, but it's actually quite different in both intensity and color.  Whew. 
Geisha, Czarina
Like many other of my blush choices, I'd call this a soft peachy pink with a satin finish.  After looking through my blush collection I did find it to be more unique than I was anticipating.  It's also a standout for how smooth the finish is, which was a nice surprise.
The formula is oil-free, talc-free, fragrance-free, paraben-free, and never tested on animals.  It also contains good for your skin ingredients such as amino acids (lecithin and lauroyl lysine) and antioxidants (vitamins C and E) to moisturize and protect your complexion.  Color builds nicely and is hard to overdo as the color is quite soft, and wear time on my oily skin is a good 7-8 hours before I notice any breakdown.  
Thankful, Geisha, Cheeky Chic (top pan), Magic
The closest to Geisha I could find in both color and finish in my collection was Tarte's Amazonian Clay 12-hr blush Thankful.  In the compact Le Metier de Beaute's top pan from Cheeky Chic looked similar, but it leans much more coral.  The limited edition Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-hr blush in Magic is somewhat close in color but with a matte finish.
At $25 each, the MAKE blushes are comparable in price to other mid-range brands, and the formula and finish of the two I've tried more than support the price.  Plus, a percentage of online sales goes towards the creation of local cooperatives.  Very nice!  I purchased mine online from Barney's New York, but they are also available directly from http://weseebeauty.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment