...

Monday, June 2, 2014

Ambient Lighting Palette by Hourglass

Disclaimer:  I purchased this.
I purchased the Hourglass Ambient Lighting Palette back in November when it was still a limited edition item, and it sold out not long after that.  Hourglass has brought it back, however, so I thought I'd share my thoughts/feelings on this item. 
If I had to sum it up in a single word:  love.  I love that  you get three variations of the Ambient Lighting powders, including my favorite to date, the beige Dim Light.  That's my go to all over face powder, as it mattifies my skin without making it look chalky or mask like - just a realistic looking and skin enhancing finish
Then there is Incandescent Light, which I use as a highlighter on all the usual places.  It's not frosty in the least and therefore does not emphasize pores, but it does pick up the light nicely.  This shade is not available in the single palettes, and I like that I'm getting something unique as part of the palette.
Last is Radiant Light, which can be used to add warmth to the face, much like a bronzer.  I actually like it as a blush, especially over a neutral toned cream blush, which is how I'm wearing it below.
Yes, the palette is expensive at $59, but I see it lasting for a long time.  Do not overswirl your brush with these, as it isn't needed and will waste product and kick up dust.  One swipe is plenty to pick up powder, and I just repeat as needed.  I love the soft focus finish I get.  I've got oily skin and I can't say that these are work horses as far as absorbing oil, but they do wear well and extend my foundation  somewhat.
 I'm glad Hourglass brought the palette back, I hope it stays a part of their permanent collection!

2 comments:

  1. I've been eyeing that pallete, it seems like a great way to get acquainted with the product! I was always worried that it wouldn't do enough for my skin, but I think your review got rid of this fear of mine!

    www.lilting-grace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The effects are subtle, but I really do think my skin looks better when I wear these.

      Delete