...

Thursday, May 29, 2014

Czarina Satin Finish Powder Blush by MAKE

Disclaimer:  I purchased this.  Links provided for convenience only.
MAKE's Satin Finish Powder Blush features jet-milled pigments that really do give the finish of this blush a lovely translucent glow.  Seriously, I love the finish of this blush!  The formula also contains lecithin and lauroyl lysine, an amino acid derivative, to help hydrate and nourish skin, and Vitamins C and E to provide anti-oxidant protection.  Form and function :-)
Here's some more good news:  it's not tested on animals, and is oil-free, talc-free, fragrance-free, paraben-free, and hypoallergenic.  I think of this color as a strawberry pink, and I've got to say it looks nothing like the orange color represented on Barney's site, where I bought it. 
I was curious to see how it compared to another strawberry hued blush I own, theBalm's Toile Instain blush.  In the pan, Toile looks slightly darker and pinker.  Arm swatches show Toile leaning slightly more red, with a more matte finish.  Between the two, Czarina's glow wins out for me.
Czarina ($25) applied smoothly and wore my normal time of 8 hours or so (oily skin and all that).  There are 11 shades available (6 matte finish, 5 satin finish) and I also picked up Geisha, but have yet to wear it.  I'm loving Czarina though, so hoping Geisha brings more goodness my way!

No comments:

Post a Comment