...

Thursday, April 10, 2014

Le Métier de Beauté March and April VIP Subscription Boxes: A Plethora of Complexion Goodness

March box
I'm a bit behind in posting my Le Métier de Beauté VIP subscription boxes, so thought I'd combine two months into one post.  The two boxes actually complement each other really well, as they contained a concealer and a finishing powder both featuring Le Métier de Beauté's proprietary Peau Vierge Anti-Aging Complexe.
April box
What exactly is the  Peau Vierge Anti-Aging Complexe, you ask?  Well, it features the exclusive and patented delivery system Syntoc Actif, which aids in the improved delivery of key ingredients to your skin.  Retinol is one of those key ingredients, which pleases me to no end.  Of course all of this costs a pretty penny ( or dollars), but considering you are getting skincare combined with your makeup, it could be worth it.
Fortunately, I'm getting to try these products at a fraction of the cost ($29/mo), due to the VIP year long subscription program.   Seriously, best makeup and skincare investment ever!  If you like luxury makeup and skincare, I'd jump on it when the subscription opens back up in July. 
The March box contained two items, the Ultra Hydration Eye Mask Duo ($18.75) and Peau Vierge Correcteur ($95) in medium.  The eye mask was enough for one use, and a set of eight packets retails for $150.
The translucent gel patches feature a seaweed based formula and you leave them on for 15 minutes.  I'm fortunate in that I have minimal wrinkles, but the ones I do have are primarily under my eyes.  After I removed the mask, they had virtually disappeared.  While the price is prohibitive for me to use on a regular basis, I could totally see investing in a set for special occasions, when you want to look rested and at your best.  Bottom line, they delivered immediate results, even if those results are temporary. 
The Peau Vierge Correcteur in medium contains retinol and SPF16, which is fairly unique in a concealer.  The shade leans yellow and was a touch dark for under eye use, but it is perfect for concealing dark spots on my face.  I've been using it daily since I received it, and I love that not only is it concealing imperfections, it's also treating them. 
A little goes a long way, and staying power is impressive.  Some concealers blend themselves away, but this isn't one of them.  Love it.
The April box contained a single item, the Peau Vierge Anti-Aging Pressed Powder ($75) in shade 2.  Now, I've seen some disappointment online that LMdB is sending out foundation type products in the VIP subscription boxes after saying they wouldn't, as complexion colors vary greatly and the shades in the boxes are not customized.  I get that, I really do.
Applicator housed under powder
I've been fortunate in that I can wear the colors sent to me, but hopefully the next iteration of the subscription plan will either be customized, not send out complexion products, or state up front that you may get products that don't work for your skintone, so subscribe at your own risk.  I think that will cut down on the discontentment some subscribers have felt the past few months.  Personally, I view any subscription service as a buy at your own risk, as you never know what you may get or if it will work for you.  I've got a fairly high risk comfort level in most areas, however.  To my detriment sometimes :-)
I've been using the enclosed foam applicator to gently press the powder into my skin, which gives a thin layer of barely perceptible powder to set my foundation.  True to LMdB' skin treating philosphy, the powder contains:
  • Sodium Hyaluronate to increase skin hydration
  • Nylon-12 to help resist settling into fine lines and provide a soft-focus effect
  • TPM® as the powerfully efficient delivery system for key ingredients
  • Vital ET™, a bio-functional form of Vitamin E, to increase elasticity and delivers antioxidant and anti-inflammatory benefits
Yet another welcome addition to my collection!  To date, the value of the items I've received from the VIP subscription program has been $967.75, almost triple the $349 subscription price.  I continue to be happy I took the plunge :-)

2 comments:

  1. That concealer looks so creamy and fabulous. LMdB is a brand I am lusting after, but the price always stops me. I'm glad you posted so I can continue to drool over their products lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The prices are definitely insane. The VIP subscription is the only way I'd be able to try most of these. Although I did sign up for the summer kaleidoscope program, so I may be a bit addicted.

      Delete