...

Tuesday, March 4, 2014

February Eco Emi: Cold Weather Comfort

February's Eco Emi was in tune with my weariness for cold weather, as it contained items designed to alleviate some of the effects of harsh weather.  Fortunately, temps have warmed up some where I'm at and we are seeing signs of spring, although I'm sure a few cold snaps will still happen.  I also noticed that the color scheme is Mardi Gras, and it just so happens to be Fat Tuesay today.  Laissez les bon temps rouler! 
First up is an organic hairspray from Aubrey Orgnanics that is infused with quinoia proteins to add body and smooth hair.  It has a light hold, so I won't rely on it for days when I need lots of control, but I'll continue experimenting with it before I form a judgement.  Sample value is $1.99.
Eco Emi has introduced me to more than a few good lip balms, and this vegan version by Jersey Shore Sun ($5) has a pleasant spearmint scent and certified organic ingredients.  It also has anti-aging properties that are gentle enough to use on other areas of the face, so sounds like it would be good for outside activities and protecting against windburn. 
The Loving Recovery Beta Glucan Mask by Blissoma was something I definitely could have used a few weeks back, when my face was flaky from a combination of cold weather and the Retin-A product I've been using.  It contains a combination of anti-reactive herbs, restorative oils, and cupuacu butter to help rebuild skin from the inside.  I've liked the products I've tried from the holistic Blissoma so far, looking forward to giving this one a whirl.  Sample value is $3.50.
I think the Eyelash Conditioner by Lauren Brooke Comestiques is the item I'm most excited about this month!   I'll be wearing this overnight to condition my lashes and hopefully help them grow longer and stronger.  Instructions say to use 3x's per week, and it looks like the travel sized tube is what is selling at the Lauren Brooke website for $10.

  • Vitamin B Complex: Promotes blood circulation. Strengthens & stimulates hair growth.
  • Chia Seed: Rich in omega-3 linolenic acid. Moisturizing. Helps protect moisture balance.
  • Horsetail: Rich in bio-available silica. Stimulates hair growth.
  • Burdock: Contains abundant hair-nourishing minerals to feed & nourish hair. Reverses thinning.

The non-beauty items this month included some All Natural Hummus by Wild Garden (yum, sample value 86 cents), Chocolate Vanilla Paste by Premier Organics (sample value $1.35), and paraffin-free tea lights by Goodlight Natural Candles (sample value $2.49).  Overall, a really good month with a  total box value of $25.19.

2 comments:

  1. I got my box a few days ago. I like the lash conditioner and the face mask. I used it today and my skin feels so soft! The chocolate vanilla paste is very yummy. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't tried the face mask yet, maybe this weekend! My skin is rebelling against me at the moment :-(

      Delete