...

Sunday, March 2, 2014

Accountability Sunday: Resolution Progress for the Week v. 9

There are some promising signs of spring going on in my yard, including my first azalea blossom sighting.  Mobile is known as the "Azalea City", and you can't throw a stone without hitting an azalea bush:-)  Truly spectacular when they are in full bloom, just wish they lasted a bit longer. 
I'm glad to say goodbye to February and hello to March, although along with the blossoms comes allergies, with the sneezing, runny eyes, and sadly for me, a sinus infection.  Sigh, I guess you have to take the good with the bad.  My resolutions are limping along, but hey, this is a marathon and not a sprint.  So, any progress is good in my book:-)
  • eat better:  cook more and eat out less
  • exercise more: practice yoga/Pilates again, use a standing desk at work, run 2x/week
  • lose 20 lbs
  • declutter house
  • no buy on makeup/beauty items until Sephora F&F sale
The highlight of the week for me was running twice with no resulting muscle pulls in my right calf.  I think the two months of yoga and Pilates have made a difference in stretching out those tight muscles.  I've been wanting to up the intensity of my exercise, and I really enjoy running, so if I can do it regularly, I'll be stoked!
I also weighed myself for the first time in 2 years or so.  I usually go by how my clothes fit, but sometimes you just need the cold hard slap that comes from seeing those numbers.  I'll start tracking my weight and with the goal of losing 20 lbs.  So, to keep me accountable, today I weighed 150.4 lbs, which is not the number I was hoping to see.  I'm 5'7 and 130 is much more palatable in my mind.  Running is going to be really essential, crossing my fingers my calf cooperates.
Lulu lounging while I work
No decluttering in the house, although I did tackle my back yard.  I love having the privacy that comes with a large yard, but boy is it a lot of work!  On the plus side, it counts as exercise.
Yep, I got one
My no-buy made it to mid-February before I went on a mini-buying spree.  My goal is to resume it until Sephora's F&F sale, when I'd like to get one of the Hourglass Ambient blushes.  Hopefully my resolve will hold til then and I can continue to build those self-control muscles.

So, any signs of spring where you are at yet? 

2 comments:

  1. It snowed today so nope, no sign of spring lol
    Ugh I want all those new clinique blushes, they are too beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully it won't be too much longer now :-)

      Delete