...

Monday, February 17, 2014

Captiva Colour Core Moisture Stain Lipstick by Le Métier de Beauté

Disclaimer:  I purchased this.
The Colour Core Moisture Stain Lipsticks by Le Métier de Beauté are named after famous vacation spots, and today I have Captiva to show you.  I received Captiva in my February VIP subscription box, and I've got to say the terra cotta color didn't have me swooning initially.  After wearing it for the past few weeks, however, my knees have started to weaken a bit :-)
Captiva is actually a much more wearable color than I was anticipating, even for my winter white skin.  Can I digress and say I cannot wait for spring and warm weather?  I'm truly tired of being cold, and will even put up with the mosquitoes again without complaining.  Okay, I take that back - the best part of the cold temps has been no mosquitoes.
Containing jojoba, lanolin and shea butter, Captiva was comfortable for a semi-matte.  I wouldn't call it moisturizing, but neither was it drying.  These are actually marketed as a lip stain, and while it wore for a decent 3 hours, I'm not sure I saw significant staining going on.  Maybe that's more evident with some of the darker shades, and there are a respectable 26 colors in the line.  If you'd like to say some really great swatches of all of them, check out this post by So Lonely in Gorgeous.  Seriously, best lipstick swatches ever!
At $32, this may be the most expensive lipstick I own to date.   Not sure I'd pay that much for it personally (another reason I'm loving the VIP subscription), but it is really nice!  What's the most you're willing to spend on a lipstick?

1 comment: