...

Sunday, February 23, 2014

Accountability Sunday: Resolution Progress for the Week v. 8

I'm a bit late getting this up, as I'm operating on a lack of sleep.  The last two nights have seen some fierce thunderstorms, which causes more than a bit of anxiety for Lulu, my Westie.  She and Lily sleep in their own room, with my Border Collie mix Maggie (and personal body guard) sleeping with me.  However, on stormy nights, all 3 dogs end up in bed with me.  I'd like to say it's cozy and comfortable, but in reality it's hot and crowded.  Maggie gets jealous and feels the need to meld herself against me, Lulu is shivering and sometimes licking everything out of anxiety, and Lily usually decides next to my head is her best sleeping spot.  Gives a new visual for the term "three dog night", doesn't it?

I've definitely hit a wall concerning some of my resolutions, no doubt reflective of monotony now setting in and affecting my motivation regarding them.  It's the day to day challenge of life, you know?
  • eat better:  start cooking more and eating out less
  • exercise more: practice yoga/Pilates again, use a standing desk at work
  • declutter house
  • no buy on makeup/beauty items Jan-March:  can develop a wish list and purchase one or two items from it in April
Eating healthy in general is going fairly well, so I've definitely made progress in that area.  I also bought a huge bottle of Vitamin D3, as it seems Vitamin D deficiency is a chronic issue for many people and I'm wondering if my general fatigue could be an indication I'm one of them.
A highlight from this week was another slow cooker stew I threw together, which is my favorite I've made to date. 
  • 3 chick breasts
  • 4 medium sweet potatoes, chopped
  • 1 medium red onion, diced
  • 10 small sweet peppers, chopped
  • Swanson Thai-Ginger flavor infused broth, 1 box (really needed 2 boxes)
  • 3 cups water (to make up for not having enough broth)
  • 3 teaspoons Goya Cream of Coconut (was looking for coconut milk, but couldn't find any)
  • white pepper and sea salt to taste
Exercise suffered slightly this week from time crunch, with more "rest days" than I would like to see.  Rest days happen when I don't have time to exercise, so it's not like they are planned or anything.  I also have not made it to the gym the last 2 weekends, so need to turn that around as well.  On the plus side, after 8 weeks of regular exercise, I'm seeing the results with clothes that fit better from having lost a few lbs and having toned up.  I need to not slack off now, but take it to the next level.  Somehow, some way :-)
No decluttering to speak of this week, and in fact I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed by my house and yard.  Lots of debris to pick up from the storms, and things will start growing like crazy very soon.  Those little green clumps in the yard are Spiderwort and can get to 2 feet tall in no time at all, once the weather turns warm.  They have pretty little purple flowers, but I know from experience if I let them get too big, I'll need a machete to clear the land :-)
My no-buy of makeup/beauty items bit the dust this week, precipitated by those limited edition Maybelline Color Tattoos (you can see my preview here).  I'm not sure if I will get back on that wagon or go to a low-buy with a set amount I can spend each month.  It was a good exercise and I think it showed me the value of creating a wish list as opposed to impulse buying, so I will definitely continue with that.  So how was everyone's week - was it the good, the bad, or the ugly?

1 comment:

  1. Your dogs <3 I had a pretty busy week as full blown preparations for the Tibetan new year is goin on atm (:
    xx

    ReplyDelete