...

Friday, January 31, 2014

NOTD: Cocoa Cabana by Le Métier de Beauté

Cocoa Cabana's name promises warmer climes and tropical drinks, which made it a perfect choice for my week of ice and sleet storms.  On the plus side, Tuesday and Wednesday were off days for me due to the inclement weather, but on the down side, I'm not sure my feet have warmed up yet.  It probably didn't help that I was outside in my thinly soled house shoes taking these pictures :-)
That's not snow, it's solid ice, which I haven't seen in over 10 years.
Part of the Fall 2012 "Cocoa Crazed" collection, I received Cocoa Cabana ($18) as part of Le Métier de Beauté's February VIP subscription box, which I'll be showing you more of next week.  It's a lovely lighter golden brown cream, and since I have a thing for brown creams, puts a little jump in my step.  I've also decided that brown is one of the dominant winter colors, at least based on how my yard looks, so it's quite appropriate despite the warm weather name.
The formula was easy to work with and I really liked the brush, which seemed to help with getting a straighter edge along the cuticle line.  Speaking of which, my cuticles and hands in general are suffering big time from these winter conditions.  I don't know how those of you in live in cold weather climates do it.  I may have found a holy grail item for conditions like these, but want to give it a few days before I make my decision and post about it.  What do you use for winter ravaged hands and nails?
The dogs main interest was in licking the ice. Fortunately, no tongues got stuck.
 Linking up with The Nail Files hosted by Jennie at Well Shut the Front Door!

 photo newbutton_zps284b4cd7.jpg

8 comments:

  1. Haha, for once it looks like winter where you live :p
    The polish could be named Hot Cocoa as well hehe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely been winter down here! However, it's supposed to be close to 70 today, so I'll get a chance to thaw out.

      Delete
  2. Um. I want your car. ;)

    We had ice one weekend and otherwise, nothing. A couple weeks ago we had like 76% chance snow & last night said 70% chance of snow. Which means ...rain. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE me some rain. But good grief I want it to snow! haha I hate this area. haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The bug was definitely one of my better decisions in life :-) Snow is fun for like, one day. Then, I'm over it.

      Delete
  3. Haha!! Your pups lick the ice? That's a dangerous game, they're playing. ;)

    And of course you drive a VW bug! In blue, no less! It's funny how, with some people, their car REALLY reflects who they are and since you're cute and fun, the bug makes total sense!

    This is a great lighter brown and the name cracks me up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. My hands and nails/cuticles have been struggggggling lately too. I feel like they constantly look haggard! I was getting so fed up with it that I went and bought some Hand Food by Soap & Glory, plus some of the Charity Pot hand cream from Lush AND a sample of Lush's "Lemony Flutter" cuticle cream. Sooo... with any luck, my hands will look much better quite soon ;)

    Bailey
    aka Bailey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those should help! Lush has some really good moisturizers - I've used Lemony Flutter as an all over hand cream at times.

      Delete