...

Monday, January 27, 2014

L'Oreal Rose On and On and Lilac Ever After Colour Riche Caresse Wet Shine Stains

Marketed as a next generation lip stain, these Colour Riche Caresse Wet Shine Stains are supposed to combine the lasting color of a  lip stain with the high shine of a lip gloss.  Best of both worlds, right?  I've got mixed feelings about them....but a bit of background first.
Rose On and On
These are supposedly dupes for the more expensive Yves Saint Laurent Rouge Pur Couture Glossy Stains.  L'Oreal is the parent company of YSL, so that could very well be, as we do occasionally see similar products released across the brands at different price points.  The reviews I've seen comparing the Caresse Wet Shine Stains with the Rouge Pur Couture Glossy Stains do say they have similar formulas, but the less expensive L'Oreal version has less of a color impact.
Based on my experience with the two I've got, Rose On and On and Lilac Ever After, I'd say the sheerness claims are true.  One layer gives a sheer gloss look, but successive layers (I averaged 2-3 layers when I wore them) build up color, although they still look sheer to me. 
Rose On and On, Lilac Ever After (2 layers each)
Stain left behind
On the plus side, they do have a glossy shine and I found them fairly long wearing at 3-4 hours.  They also leave a slight stain, as evidenced by my arm swatch after I wiped them off.  I also found them comfortable to wear, although I would not call them hydrating despite their 30% water content or the Omega 3, Vitamin E, and Argan oil in them.  My lips did feel slightly rough the next day, so I'd say they are a bit drying, although I couldn't tell while I wore them.
Rose On and On
On the negative side, they don't really look like the colors in the tube, and the difference on the lips between the two colors I got is slight.  Again, applying multiple layers helps deepen the color, so I would put on a layer, do my brows, put on another layer, apply mascara, put on another layer....you get the idea. 
Lilac Ever After
I'd say overall the positives outweigh the negatives for me and I do like them.  I bought mine from Ulta when they were having a BOGO offer, which made them less expensive then their normal $9.99.  If you've tried these, what did you think?

6 comments:

  1. Pretty! I ended up not liking these, the more pigmented ones I got had the problems of not applying evenly, the stain went on in patches and yea not drying but not very moisturizing either.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's good to know, as I was thinking the darker ones might be a better bet.

      Delete
  2. I have 3 of these and absolutely love it for the moisturising yet lightweight formula! I felt the same way about the colour intensity but realised that the colour tends to deepen after a while..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think my favorite aspect was that they really do look glossy but aren't overly sticky. I don't regret getting them, but doubt I'll get any more.

      Delete
  3. I did not get along with the shade I bought! The texture was weird, but I got over that! My problem was that it left a film, tingled (and NOT in a plumping way!), and looked like I had hot sauce on my mouth (that was just the shade's fault!)... I think I might have been allergic to it! haha!

    I will agree though, they have a lovely glossy look to them!

    www.lilting-grace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well that doesn't sound like a pleasant experience at all! I have reactions to some lip products, mainly in that they make my lips burn. I've yet to determine what the culprit ingredient is.

      Delete