...

Thursday, January 30, 2014

January Eco-Emi: Pamper Yourself


January's Eco-Emi features items designed to pamper yourself from head to toe for pure relaxation.  I can roll with that.  By the end of my work week I'm usually a bit deflated and looking for some serious R&R....So let's take a closer look!
I wish I had a great bathtub to soak away my worries in, but I don't.  Consequently, products like the Aura Cacia Aromatherapy Foam Bath Soak in Tangerine & Grapefruit get used as foot soaks when I'm giving myself a pedicure.
I do find citrus scented products to be energizing and refreshing, so I'll be giving this one a try very soon.  Sample value is $3.29. 
According to a card provided in my box, Sweet Riot supports fair trade and sourcing directly in Latin America, which directly supports a better life for farming families through fair prices and direct trade.  These dark chocolate squares got eaten immediately and were delicious, and sample value was $1.
The sole makeup item this month was a lovely pink lip gloss called Love Struck from Marie Natie Natural Cosmetics.  I've yet to find a natural cosmetic line lip gloss that I thought was stellar, but my initial impression of Love Struck is very positive.
I love the way it feels on, nonsticky but with some substance, and am pleased that it does provide some color.  Marie Natie is a Canadian company and the full sized gloss goes for $18 CAD, so these are on the pricier side.  I'm estimating sample value at $3.
There were quite a few skincare items this month, starting with a set of foils from Derma|e's Evenly Radiant line.   I received a cleanser, night cream, and dark circle eye creme.  This formula features Vitamin C and a host of other antioxidants in order to even out skin tone, promote skin clarity, and boost radiance.  I like that I received several products, as it does have give a better feel for the line.  Sample value for all 3 foils is $3.65.
More skincare items came from a brand called Herbalista MD.  Based on what I could find at their etsy shop, I received the trial sized sample of the Organic African Black Soap Acne & Razor Bump Kit, which is $5.95.  Both items are rather small, but I'm looking forward to trying them out. 
I also received a sweet little Chocolate Raspberry Soy Candle.  It's small, but does have a realistic scent that is not overly sweet.  Sample value is $.70. 

Is it strange that I get excited about things like laundry detergent or cleansers in general?  Because I do, and I'm liking how the Natural Flower Power in Lavender smells.  This all natural cleanser is antibacterial, antifungal, and hypoallergenic, plus it contains a blend of therapeutic grade essential oils.  Cool.  Sample values is $.57
Last is an item from my neck of the woods - a natural sea sponge from the Gulf of Mexico.  Sample value is $1.10, which brings the value of the entire box to $19.26, slightly higher than my $15 purchase price.  I'm happy with the items and always enjoy the new discoveries that Eco Emi brings my way:-)

2 comments:

  1. Oooh I am happy they included one makeup item! It looks very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its very nice to get all the items at one pack that covers from head to toe. I try to get this. Thanks for sharing nice info. http://umakeup.com

    ReplyDelete