...

Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Cashmere Hydra-Crème Lipstick by Le Métier de Beauté

Cashmere is the second of the new Hydra-Crème lipsticks by Le Métier de Beauté that I acquired a few months back.  Similar in color to Sahara but with a more mauve cast, it's also the one I'm less enamored with color wise.  I think the slightly gray cast (mauve has a gray undertone) makes it less wearable for me than the warmer toned Sahara.  I've found a few ways around that, however, which I'll share.
The formula of the Hydra-Crème lipsticks is lovely:  smooth, moisturizing, and very comfortable to wear.  They are buildable in color, taking a few swipes to give a more opaque look.  I'm interested in getting a  darker color in this line as I really do like the formula!
To make Cashmere more wearable for my complexion, I've been wearing it over a darker lipliner like Urban Decay's Naked.  You can see here that they are similar in tone, but the slightly darker combo of Naked + Cashmere works better for me.  I also like the intensely creamy finish, and find that it extends the length of wear as well.  I somewhat stumbled upon this combo, as I originally thought I'd just use Naked to outline my lips, but it was obviously darker. 
Cashmere
Cashmere and UD's Naked blended together
The Hydra-Crème lipsticks by Le Métier de Beauté are $25 each, and I'm eyeing Mondrian or Butterfield 8 next:-)

2 comments:

  1. I think I like Sahara better, but this is still a lovely color for you :)

    www.lilting-grace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, Sahara is my favorite of the two, even though it's just a slight difference in tone.

      Delete