...

Friday, December 13, 2013

NOTD: Cynthia by Zoya and OPI's Wondrous Star

Less than 2 weeks until Christmas, but I wasn't in the mood to do a holiday inspired look this week.  So, I settled for using one of the OPI Mariah Carey holiday polishes as an accent nail, just to kind of keep that holiday spirit going :-)
I was in the mood for dark, and Cynthia by Zoya satisfied that craving quite well.  A blackened peacock blue, Cynthia was part of Zoya's 2011 fall Smoke and Mirrors collection, but I just acquired it during their black Friday sale.  The first coat was streaky, but the second filled in everything nicely.  I used Zoya's base and top coats, as well as the Qtica quick dry drops.  These are supposed to completely dry your nails in 7 minutes, and while I don't think that was completely true, they did help as sheet impressions were minimal.
I picked up Wondrous Star as part of the Mariah Carey holiday mini set, and what you are looking at is 3 coats.  A shiny crystalline with black glitter, the polish was easy to work with and I'm liking it more than I thought I would.   I actually thought it was My Favorite Ornament from the same collection, so imagine my surprise when I saw the black glitter peeking out :-)   Have you found a favorite holiday polish this year?  My favorite holiday collection so far is from KBShimmer, but I haven't picked up any yet.

Linking up with The Nail Files hosted by Jennie at Well Shut the Front Door!

 photo newbutton_zps284b4cd7.jpg

9 comments:

  1. I love wondrous star, that's quite an unique glitter! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like it better than I thought I was going to!

      Delete
  2. I've been dying to get KBShimmer, but I'm liking Wondrous Star on your nail there. Yay! Cynthia is even darker on your nails than it is on Zoya's website! I'm glad to get to see it in action here. Thanks! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks holiday-esque to me. Love it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the Mariah Carey polish! I've seen those in stores but haven't bought any. I love sparkly polishes!

    Bailey
    aka Bailey

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so pretty! Oh and I love Mariah (:
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yessssssss! I love when you do a feature nail because it's always so pretty! The contrast here is fab and I love the sparkle! :)

    ReplyDelete