...

Monday, October 28, 2013

Tarte Thoughtful Treasures Best-Sellers Set

As we all know, holiday sets are being released willy nilly right now.  There are so many great values available, it makes it hard to chose!  The Tarte Thoughtful Treasures Best-Sellers Set is the first of the holiday offerings I've picked up, prompted by my fondness for the Amazonian clay blushes and that I just ran out of my Maracuja oil.  I reasoned I might as well kill two birds with one stone, as well as try out the LipSurgence Skintuitive lip tint in Energy.
Tarte's LipSurgence Skintuitive lip tint in Energy is supposed to deliver a personalized shade of pink by responding to your skin's natural pH level and energy.  Now, I'm not sure about the energy part, nor am I sure how different the shades of pink will be from person to person, but I do like the color it turns on me.  It's surprisingly vibrant on my lips considering how sheer the swatch is on my arm.
Energy has a strong peppermint scent and does contain peppermint oil, as well as other plant bionutrients, vitamins, and essential oils.  I found it comfortable, hydrating, glossy, and wear time was a respectable 3 hours or so.  The regular sized Energy goes for $24 for .1 ounce, so you are getting a little over half that size in the Thoughtful Treasures set, which is $19 for all three items.  Not bad.
Thankful
Thankful is a new, limited addition color in the Amazonian clay blush family.  A coral leaning pink with a soft gold shimmer, Thankful is nicely pigmented and does indeed give me a healthy and rested appearance.  I do not get the 12-hour wear time these are touted for, but I do find they last a good 8 hours, which is good for my oily complexion.  Thankful is a smaller size than the regular Amazonian clay blushes (.053 oz vs. .2 oz), but I'm okay with that as I enjoy collecting these and will never make it through a full sized one in my lifetime :-)
Last, but not least, is the Maracuja oil.  Containing essential fatty acids and Vitamin C, this oil is supposed to help your skin be firmer, brighter, and smoother.  I like using a few drops of this at night as the last step in my skin care regime.  The last bottle I had was this same size and lasted me several months, so a little goes a long way.
I'm enjoying this little set and think it's a great deal at $19!

2 comments:

  1. I was thinking about getting this set. However, I don't like the lip surgence and I just get the oil from another Tarte set. I would like the blush, however and I do like the oil.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe they'll release the blush in another set? I think they like to hook us with those limited edition colors:-)

      Delete