...

Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Skynn Iceland White Cloud Spot Corrector

Disclaimer:  I purchased this.
It's only been in the last few years that I've started noticing more discolorations on my skin.  That's actually pretty amazing, considering I've gotten mucho sun exposure over the years and resisted wearing daily sunscreen for the longest time.  It catches up with you, however, and I'm seeing it now.  I've also got some age related melasma going on, as well as the occasionally discoloration from pimples.  Consequently, I've become much more interested in skin lightening products.

Skynn Iceland is a brand that intrigues me, so when Hautelook featured them several months back at 50% off, I picked up the White Cloud Spot Corrector and the Nordic Skin Peel.  This post will focus on the Spot Corrector, as I recently finished it and feel like I can now review it properly.  Here is how Skynn Iceland describes it;
Years of fast-paced living and the impact of environmental stressors leave their mark on skin, resulting in dark spots, uneven tone and age spots.
White Cloud Spot Corrector is a potent lightening treatment that gently and effectively combats hyperpigmentation with cutting-edge melanin reducing technology, antioxidants and advanced but gentle skin brighteners in as little as six weeks. Licorice helps lighten existing pigmentation and prevent new darkening, stabilized Vitamin C, a proven antioxidant, penetrates deeply to help brighten and diminish signs of aging. Retinoids help even tone while softening the appearance of fine lines. Skin is clarified, more even toned and restored to a translucent and luminous state. Good for even delicate skins.
Featuring a host of potent ingredients, we've got:
  • Lighten-Up Complex, which contains a powerful melanin inhibitor, helps decrease melanin synthesis and quantity to lighten skin, lessen pigmentation and increase radiance
  • Whitening-Brightening Complex, with a potent tyrosinase inhibitor, dramatically reduces pigmentation and has a proven skin-lightening effect
  • Retinoid Fluid, a bio-available form of vitamin A, helps decrease the effect of UV-induced skin damage and lightly exfoliates skin to enable the products other actives to better penetrate skin and perform more effectively
  • Licorice Extract, well known for its brightening qualities and categorized as a quasi drug in Japan and Korea, helps inhibit tyrosinase activity and reduce melanin production
  • Stabilized Vitamin C, a proven antioxidant and skin brightener, protects against cell damage, promotes collagen synthesis and inhibits melanin production
  • Adaptogen blend of Arctic root, maral root and Siberian ginseng helps protect skin against stress- and age-related damage
  • Biospheric Complex -- A proprietary blend that delivers the unmatched purity and vital nutrients of Iceland's natural resources (water, earth and air) to restore and rebalance stressed-out skin; mineral-rich Icelandic glacial water (water), indigenous Arctic berries (earth) and oxygenated liposomes, butterfly bush and thyme extracts (air) unite to dramatically soothe, strengthen and stabilize stressed skin
I used two pumps nightly and spread it over my entire face, although you could conservatively just cover discolorations.  It absorbs nicely into the skin and I followed with whatever facial oil I was using at the time.  I experienced zero irritation, so I'd say the claim of being gentle was true for me.  The bottle lasted me about 3 months, and you are supposed to see results in 6 weeks.  Did I?

Yes, and yes!  The patch of melasma under my left cheek bone is almost completely gone.  The change was definitely gradual over time, but I can tell a difference.  Overall, I'm quite pleased with the White Cloud Spot Corrector and would repurchase, even at the regular price of $55 for an ounce.  I'm hoping Skynn Iceland comes back to Hautelook at some point, because then I'll snap up several of these:-)  I just received a spot correcting serum from Le Métier de Beauté, so it will be interesting to compare the two considering the LMdB version is slightly more than twice the price of Skynn Iceland's. 

2 comments:

  1. Wow, this looks great. I love their cleanser and the really minty lotion (I can't remember what it's called!) but I can't afford it, I wish I had the funds for the whole line!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've liked everything I've tried from Skynn Iceland so far - it seems to be a solid skin care line! If you sign up for emails from their site they do offer discounts periodically.

      Delete