...

Thursday, October 17, 2013

Blank Canvas Mattifying Face Primer by Julep

Disclaimer:  I purchased this.
The Blank Canvas Mattifying Face Primer was part of my Julep Maven September Cityscapes upgrade box.  I've been using it long enough now to form a solid impression, and I like it!

According to Julep, this facial primer absorbs shine, brightens skin, locks in moisture, reduces the appearance of pores and wrinkles, and extends the wear of your makeup.  It does indeed mattify the skin upon application as well as make my pores look smaller, and I like that it does it without that silicone look and feel that so many primers have.  This one actually feels more like a moisturizer that is absorbed by the skin, although I can see that it does contain silicones.  It is also fortified with 18 plant extracts, giving it quite the lengthy ingredient list.
Ingredients: Water, Dimethicone/Vinyldimethicone Crosspolymer, Cyclopentasiloxane, Diethylhexyl Carbonate, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, HDI/Trimethylol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer, Propanediol, Glycerin, Laureth-3, Laureth-25, Olea Europaea (Olive) Leaf Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Fucus Vesiculosus Extract, Plumeria Rubra Flower Extract, Vanilla Planifolia Fruit Extract, Jasminum Officinale (Jasmine) Flower and Leaf Extract, Rose Extract, Citrus Aurantium Bergamia (Bergamot) Fruit Extract, Aniba Rosaeodora (Rosewood) Wood Extract, Coriandrum Sativum (Coriander) Seed Extract, Cupressus Sempervirens Seed Extract, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Flower, Leaf and Stem Extract, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Prunus Persica (Peach) Fruit Extract, Zizyphus Jujuba Seed Extract, Citrullus Vulgaris (Watermelon) Fruit Extract, Pyrus Malus (Apple) Fruit Extract, Lens Esculenta (Lentil) Fruit Extract, Glyceryl Oleate Citrate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Carbomer, Aminomethyl Propanol, Levan, Decyl Glucoside, Phenethyl Alcohol, Sodium Lactate, Sodium PCA, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Hexylene Glycol, Triethyl Citrate.
I do not find that it controls oil beyond most primers, but I've got really oily skin so YMMV.  It's priced in the mid-range primer range at $28 ($22.40 for Mavens), but Julep runs sales so often that I'm sure a good deal can be had.  Of all the beauty items that Julep has come out with since I've been a subscriber, I'd have to say this one is my favorite thus far!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds good, I have never tried a primer that felt like it absorbs into the skin and feels moisturizing. Does it bunch up when you apply foundation over it? I have issues with that a lot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've not had any issues with it pilling up, and I've used it with several different foundations. It plays nicely with others :-)

      Delete