...

Tuesday, September 24, 2013

JINsoon for Tibi: Azurite and Epidote Preview

Disclaimer:  I purchased these.
I don't usually indulge in high end (read expensive) nail polish, although I have on occasion when something has really grabbed my fancy.  These two JINsoon polishes were more the result of needing to hit that $250 minimal purchase to get the GWP from Space NK I showed you yesterday.  But gah, now that I've got my hands on them, they're gorgeous!
First off, I had never heard of Jin Soon before.  Since I've purchased them, I seem to see her name wherever I turn, but I'm guessing it was there before and I was just oblivious.  If you are oblivious like me, Korean born Jin Soon Choi has been described as the nail art dynamo of the fashion world and was dubbed the "Nail Guru" by The New York Times Magazine.  She has a really interesting background that you can read more about here, and debuted her own line of polishes in 2012. 
Now, a bit about the The A La Mode: Tibi Collection™.  It is the Fall/Winter 2013 collaboration of JINsoon and women’s wear designer Amy Smilovic of Tibi and consists of 5 color polishes named for their mineral like appearance and a matte top coat.  The formula is 5-Free and was created without the toxic chemicals formaldehyde, toluene, DPB, formaldehyde resin, and camphor.  Furthermore, the double patented formula features high-tech polymers and resins toensure longer wear and an extended shelf life while UV filters protect against fading and yellowing of color.  Pretty fancy!
Azurite is described as "a classic deep blue that never goes out of style. This shade is enhanced with galaxy-like specs that provide a subtle star dust quality."  In bright light you can see the holographic multi color specs, and in darker lighting it appears as silver specs for that night time sky effect.  Either way, it's gorgeous.  I'm wearing Azurite now and you can see pictures of it on Friday in my regular NOTD post.
Epidote is "a metallic green with a multidimensional, iridescent, chameleon-like finish that reflects light in myriad ways."  It is lovely and complex and I can't wait to wear it next.  I didn't realize it was a color shifter when I purchased it and was instead going by the olive green color I saw in the bottle shot.  Sometimes surprises are good :-)

JINsoon polishes are $18 and judging by my initial experience, are worth the splurge!

2 comments:

  1. Oooh 18 is a bit much, but Epidote looks very unique. Can't wait to see some swatches!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, it's pricey. Azurite is wearing extremely well after 5 days - no chips and minimal tip wear - so I'm thinking this may be brand I splurge on in the future when the fancy strikes me!

      Delete